Foreman, Alfred Lewis
|Type of person||Individual|
|Date of birth||1874|
|Place of birth||Willunga|
|Date of death||1963|
|Place of decease||Willunga|
Alfred Lewis Foreman was born on 2 May 1874 at Willunga. He was the son of George Daniel Foreman (1827-1903) and Elizabeth (née Waye) (1831-1920). He was a butcher in High Street, Willunga.
Alfred, aged 26 years, married Rose Gaffney (1879-1967), aged 21 years, at Norwood on 16 May 1900. She was the daughter of Thomas Gaffney (1837-1900) and Catherine Meeverley (Mulvey) (1838-1910). Alfred and Rose Foreman had seven children:
- Arthur Eldred (1900- 1977) was born at Willunga and married Alma Ruth Couchman (1899-1975). They had 3 children: Brian (1925-2016), who married Rhonda Roberts, Dorothy and Barry, who died in Victoria.
- Elva Maude (1904-1990) was born at Willunga and married Charles James Gwynn (1901- ) on 3 April 1929 in Prospect. She is buried in St. Stephens Anglican Cemetery, Willunga.
- Dorothy Rose (1907-1954) was born at Willunga and married Frank Eric Scott (1903-1994) She died at Eastwood, SA and is buried at Nailsworth, SA.
- Ronald Alfred (1910-1989) was born at Willunga and married Anne Croser (1912-2001) on 25 March 1939 at Prospect. He was a butcher at Willunga and died at Willunga.
- Frank Thomas (1912-1922) was born and died at Willunga as a child. He is buried in St. Stephens Anglican Cemetery, Willunga.
- Alma Rae (1917- ) buried in St. Stephens Anglican Cemetery, Willunga.
In 1932 Alfred nominated for the Willunga Ward of the Willunga District Council but was not elected.
Alfred Lewis Foreman, aged 88 years, died on 19 April 1963 and Rose Foreman, aged 88 years, died on 30 March 1967.
- Passengers in History Database – South Australian Maritime Museum
- South Australian Births – Index of Registrations 1842-1906
- South Australian Marriages – Index of Registrations 1842-1937
- South Australian Deaths – Index of Registrations 1842-1972
- Ratepayer List Willunga & Aldinga Councils 1850-1888
- Family Histories. B. Manuscript folder held by the National Trust (Willunga Branch). Blue folder 40-7
- Statton J. (ed) 1986. Biographical Index of South Australians 1836-1885. Volume 2