Hill (née Bastian), Elizabeth
|Type of person||Individual|
|Date of birth||1822|
|Place of birth||Crowan, Cornwall, England|
|Date of arrival||1839|
|Principal occupation||Wife and mother|
|Date of death||1913|
Aged 16 years, she arrived with her parents on board Java from London on 13 October 1839.
Shortly before her 19th birthday, Elizabeth married Richard Hill, then aged 27 years (1814-09/06/1873), on 3 March 1841 at Holy Trinity Church in Adelaide. They settled at Willunga, calling their property “Forest Farm”.
They had 12 children, comprising of 6 sons and 6 daughters:
- Mary (1842-1927) married Thomas S. Aldam;
- John (1843-09/05/1844) died as an infant;
- Jane (1845-21/02/1931);
- Sarah (17/01/1847- ) married George Atkinson on 04/10/1873;
- Richard (1851-12/07/1929) married Elizabeth Keenor Loud;
- Elizabeth (1851-23/09/1935);
- Stephen (19/02/1852-13/03/1853) died as an infant;
- John (30/12/1854-20/12/1925) married Alice Williams Wollcott;
- Robert (1857-29/02/1893);
- Ann (1859-1861) died as an infant;
- Ann (1863-1864) died as an infant;
- George (1866-28/03/1945).
Elizabeth Hill (née Bastian), aged 91 years, died on 27 September 1913.
- Passengers in History database SA Maritime Museum - Bastian - 1840
- South Australian Deaths Index of Registrations 1842-1915
- South Australian Marriages Index of Registrations 1842-1916