|Type of person||Individual|
|Date of birth||1861|
|Place of birth||Aldinga|
|Date of departure||1891|
|Date of death||1950|
|Place of decease||Bull Creek near Ashbourne|
Jabez Lovelock was born in Aldinga on 5 February 1861. He was the eldest son of Henry Lovelock (1831-1899) and Grace Dunstan (1840-1930). He was Church of England.
Jabez, aged 22 years, married Louisa Dunstan (1863-1921), aged 20 years, at the residence of Walter Dunstan in Kent Town on 22 March 1883. They had three children:
- Eliza Louise Grace (1885-1957) was born at Aldinga. She married Christian Heinrich Wilhelm Baumann (1884-1965) at Bull Creek on 4 May 1910 and they had three daughters. She died at Adelaide.
- Ruby Tamson (1888-1982) was born at Aldinga. She married Allan Spurgeon Stone (1884-1964) at Bull Creek on 1 February 1910 and they had two sons. She died at Bull Creek.
- Jeffery Vernon Dunstan (1895-1964) was born at Bull Creek and married Mabel Doris Connor (1904-1999) on 7 May 1927 at Prospect Hill. He died at Daw Park (Pasadena) and is buried in Centennial Park Cemetery.
Jabez and Louisa Lovelock lived in Aldinga for the first few years of their marriage (1883-1891) and he worked as a farmer. For over ten years, Jabez was the superintendent of the Sunday School and organist at St Ann’s Anglican Church in Aldinga. He was a valued member of the Aldinga Cricket Club and the Treasurer of the Aldinga Institute in 1884. Jabez Lovelock appears, aged 25 years, in a photo titled “Aldinga Pioneers” which is dated to the first half of 1886.
The family left the Aldinga district in 1891, when Jabez was appointed as the manager of the Laura Butter Factory. They later moved to Bull Creek near Ashbourne, where he ran the Bull Creek Creamery. Their third child, Jeffery. was born there in 1895. Jabez was the organist at Bull Creek and Meadows Anglican churches. He was also a lay reader at Macclesfield Anglican Church for 25 years and at Meadows for 40 years.
Louisa Lovelock (nee Dunstan) died after a lingering illness on 31 May 1921 and Jabez Lovelock remarried to Emily Harper (1872-1962) on 1 October 1924 at the residence of H Bowman in Parkside.
Jabez Lovelock died on 13 December 1950 at Bull Creek (Ashbourne) and he is buried in the Bull Creek Primitive Methodist Cemetery.
- South Australian Births – Index of Registrations 1842-1906
- South Australian Marriages – Index of Registrations 1842-1937
- South Australian Deaths – Index of Registrations 1842-1972
- Evening Journal 22 Feb 1882:2
- The Express and Telegraph 21 July 1884:2
- The South Australian Advertiser 6 Jan 1885:5
- South Australian Chronicle 5 Sept 1891:22
- The Mount Barker Courier and Gumeracha Advertiser 3 June 1921:3
- The Advertiser 11 Dec 1950:7