|Type of person||Individual|
|Date of birth||1850|
|Place of birth||Aldinga|
|Date of departure||1880|
|Date of death||1933|
|Place of decease||Adelaide|
Richard Lovelock was born at Aldinga and was the second colonial-born and sixth eldest surviving son of George Lovelock senior (1802-1853) and Ann Glass (1805-1875). He was Church of England.
Richard married Emma Louisa Toll (1853-1918) at the residence of Mrs Toll at Willunga on 22 April 1872. They had nine children:
- Emma Louisa (1873-1959) was born at Aldinga and married Joseph Lutt (1868-1927) on 16 October 1907 at St Mary Magdalene Church, Adelaide. She died at Mallala.
- Arthur William (1874-1957) was born at Aldinga and married Louisa Lavinia Gorey (1876-1946) on 4 June 1901 at the Methodist Parsonage, Pirie Street, Adelaide. He died at Aldinga.
- Melville Toll (1876-1950) was born at Aldinga and was unmarried. He served in World War 1. Melville died in South Australia.
- Herbert Harrison (1877-1954) was born at Ardrossan. He died at Adelaide and is buried in West Terrace Cemetery.
- Lilias Jane Selina (1881-1966) was born at Grace Plains. She married John Howard Ebbs (1884-1974) on 31 October 1907 at the Pirie Street Methodist Church, Adelaide. They had two children. Lilias died at Adelaide.
- May Maud (1883-1948) was born at Grace Plains and married Jesse Howard (1875-1941) on 9 January 1929 at Adelaide. She died in South Australia.
- Irene (1886-1961) was born at Grace Plains and married William Joseph Angus (1885-1955) on 16 November 1911 at St Paul’s Church, Pulteney Street, Adelaide. She died in South Australia and is buried at Nailsworth Cemetery.
- Myrtle (1888-1912) was born at Grace Plains and was unmarried. She died at Eastwood.
- Olive (1890- ) was born at Mallala,
For more then five years after their marriage, Richard and Emma lived at Aldinga, where their first three children were born. In 1880, Richard purchased section 67 in the Hundred of Grace. They lived at Grace Plains and, later, at Barabba near Mallala.
Emma Louisa Lovelock (nee Toll), aged 68 years, died at Mallala in November 1918. Richard Lovelock, aged 83 years, died on 8 October 1933 at Adelaide.
- South Australian Births – Index of Registrations 1842-1906
- South Australian Marriages – Index of Registrations 1842-1937
- South Australian Deaths – Index of Registrations 1842-1972
- Ratepayer List Willunga & Aldinga Councils 1850-1888
- SAILIS CT 223/87
- Evening Journal 24 April 1872:2
- The Advertiser 12 Dec 1907:1
- The Advertiser 21 Nov 1918:2
- The Advertiser 31 Oct 1932:8
- The Advertiser 9 Oct 1933:14
- The Advertiser 16 Oct 1933:14
- The Advertiser 20 Nov 1933:14
- Chronicle 19 Nov 1936:25