Male, Nicholas (junior)
|Type of person||Individual|
|Date of birth||1840|
|Place of birth||Medrose in the parish of St. Teath in North Cornwall|
|Date of arrival||1848|
|Principal occupation||Quarryman, farmer and storekeeper|
|Date of death||1867|
|Place of decease||Willunga|
Nicholas Male junior was born at Medrose in the parish of St. Teath in North Cornwall on 28 Aug 1840. He was the oldest son of Nicholas Male (1816-1867) and Margaret (née Cobbledick) (1821-1890). Religion – Wesleyan Methodist, Bible Christian.
He arrived with his parents, aged 8 years, aboard Bussorah Merchant in Port Adelaide on 9 Nov 1848.
He married Agnes McBeath (1844-1910) on 23 Nov 1863 at the residence of Charles Hodge, Port Elliot. They had two children:
David Henry (1866-1913) unmarried, farmer at Koolyawurtie and Ceduna.
He was a quarryman, farmer and storekeeper.
Nicholas Male junior died of consumption (tuberculosis), aged 27 years, in Dec 1867 and is buried in the Wesleyan Methodist Church Cemetery, Willunga. His widow, Agnes, married Edward Croser in 1869.
- Passengers in History Database – South Australian Maritime Museum
- South Australian Births – Index of Registrations 1842-1906
- South Australian Marriages – Index of Registrations 1842-1937
- South Australian Deaths – Index of Registrations 1842-1972
- South Australian Register 28 Nov 1863:2
- South Australian Register 20 Dec 1867:2