Marshall (née Williams), Honor
|Type of person||Individual|
|Date of birth||1815|
|Place of birth||Crowan, Cornwall, England|
|Date of arrival||1840|
|Principal occupation||Wife and mother|
|Date of death||1873|
|Place of decease||Willunga|
Honor Williams was born on 7 May 1815 at Crowan, Cornwall, England. She was the oldest daughter of Thomas Williams (senior, 1790-1858) and Honor (née Wallis, 1791-1876). Religion – Wesleyan Methodist.
Honour, aged 24 years, arrived in South Australia with her parents and seven of her surviving siblings on 5 Feb 1840 on board Java. On 2 Dec 1841, aged 26 years, she married Thomas Marshall (1811-1880), aged 30 years, at Holy Trinity Church, Adelaide. They had ten children, including twins:
- John (1842-1932) b. at Willunga, m. Eliza James (1843-1919) at Willunga on 3 Nov 1863 They moved to Merriton on the River Broughton in 1873 and he is buried at Crystal Brook.
- Honor (1843-1916) b. at Willunga, m. William Henry Binney (1841-1909) on 16 Oct 1862 at the Wesleyan Chapel at Willunga. They also moved to the Crystal Brook area.
- William (1845-1881) b. at Willunga, m. (1st) Mary Nicholas Clement(s) in 1865 (2nd) Isabella Patterson in 1877.
- Mary (1846-1915) b. at Willunga, m. Almond Sara in 1869 at residence of Mr. Thomas Marshall at Willunga.
- Sarah (1848- ) b. at Willunga, m. James Binney junior (1848- ) on 2 June 1881.
- Thomas (1849-1909) b. at Willunga, m. Susanna Ann Atkinson (1851–1932) at Willunga on 10 Aug 1875, farmer at Willunga, Merriton and later Napperby.
- Peter (1851-1932) b. at Willunga, m. Mary Finley Graham at Goolwa on 03 Aug 1881, farmer at Border town.
- Ann (1853-1923) b. at Willunga, m. Thomas Martin in 1881 at Res. of Thomas Marshall in Willunga.
- Andrew (1857-1931) b. at Willunga, m. (1st) Sarah Ann Milne ( -1891) on 5 Sept 1883, (2nd) Clara Eliza Broadbent in 1900, farmer at Border town.
- Eliza (1857-1933) b. at Willunga, m. Edward William Milne (1861-1912) at Willunga.
Honor Marshall died, aged 58 years, on 26 April 1873 and was buried in grave 144 in the Uniting Church Cemetery at Willunga.
- Passengers in History Database – South Australian Maritime Museum
- South Australian Births – Index of Registrations 1842-1906
- South Australian Marriages – Index of Registrations 1842-1937
- South Australian Deaths – Index of Registrations 1842-1972
- SA Census 1841