Pethick, Abraham (junior)
|Type of person||Individual|
|Date of birth||1835|
|Place of birth||Bowithick, Cornwall|
|Date of arrival||1839|
|Date of death||1915|
|Place of decease||Bowithick, Aldinga|
Abraham Pethick junior was born at Bowithick, Cornwall, England in 1835. Aged 4 years, he arrived with his parents Abraham and Ann Pethick and their family on board the ship Cleveland on 18 Dec 1839. Religion – Church of England.
Abraham junior married Jane (Jeannie) McMurtrie at the residence of William McMurtrie at Meadows, SA on 5 June 1866. They had 3 children:
Sophia (1863-1940) b. at Aldinga, unmarried, d. at North Adelaide, buried in St. Stephens Anglican Cemetery, Willunga.
William John (1869-1941) b. at Aldinga, m. Susan Alice Bird (1884-1942) on 11 March 1908 at Aldinga, d. at Winchester, WA
Jane (Jean) (1871-1949) b. & d. at Willunga, unmarried, buried in St. Stephens Anglican Cemetery, Willunga
Abraham Pethick was a farmer at Aldinga for his whole life.
Jane Pethick (nee McMurtrie) died on 8 June 1899 and Abraham Pethick junior died on 15 Jan 1915 both at Bowithick, Aldinga. They are both buried in St. Stephens Anglican Cemetery, Willunga. Abraham Pethick junior left £640 in his will.
- Passengers in History Database – South Australian Maritime Museum
- South Australian Births – Index of Registrations 1842-1906
- South Australian Marriages – Index of Registrations 1842-1937
- South Australian Deaths – Index of Registrations 1842-1972
- SA Census 1841
- Ratepayer List Willunga & Aldinga Councils 1850-1888
- The Register 18 Jan 1915:4
- Observer 6 Feb 1915:30