Police Station 3 Main Road
|Also known as:||Academy of Rock|
|Address:||3 Main Rd|
|Town or Locality:||Willunga|
|Used for:||Police Station and residence, business|
This new police station was built and opened in 1929 to replace the old Police Station and Court House at 62 High Street.
This was one of the last buildings in the town to be erected using slate roofing (since replaced).
It closed as a police station in 1997 when the police were transferred to the Aldinga Police Station which had opened in May 1994.
The empty police station was subsequently sold and passed in to private ownership.
- R Baxendale & F Lush Willunga Walks Willunga National Trust Willunga 2010 (1989)