Willunga Mounted Police
|Type of organisation:||Government|
|Town or locality:||Willunga|
|Date established:||c. 1839|
|Business or purpose:||Police|
The South Australian Police Force was officially established on 12 Dec 1839 and there was a Mounted Police station in Willunga by early 1840.
Some of the Mounted Police who served at the Willunga Police Station located at 61 High Street included: Daniel Swaffer (arrived 1840 departed 1841), John Edward Pollard (departed in Jan 1843), George Weal (arrived 06/1853 departed 11/1855), John Shaw (arrived 08/1855 departed 1866), Edward Henry Deane (arrived Oct 1866 departed Oct 1867), George Montagu (arrived 01/11/1868 departed 01/12/1869), Stephen Thomas Tuohy (arrived 03/11/1882 departed 26/04/1898)