Willunga Post Offices
|Type of organisation:|| Government
|Town or locality:||Willunga|
|Business or purpose:||Post Office|
There have been four post offices in Willunga starting before 1841 down to the present day (nearly 180 years). In 1841 the Willunga Post office was one of just six post offices in South Australia. The overland telegraph to Melbourne (via Willunga) was completed in July 1858. The Post Department and the Telegraph Branch amalgamated in 1870 to become the Post and Telegraph Department.
Post Office in the Courthouse Reserve (1839-1849) The Mounted constables resident at Willunga also acted as the postmaster between about 1839 and 1849.
Post Office & Telegraph Station at 4 High Street (1915 to date) Miss Theresa Glenie (1915-1917). Miss Margaret Work ( -1935). Mr. E. Howarth (1935-1949), Mr. J.H. Cain (1951-1954), Mr. R.E Flint (1954-1963), Mr. R. W. Carroll (1963-1964), Mr. E.M. Vaughan (1964-1968), Mr. J.M. Black (1968-1971), Mr. A. Moyle (1971- )